Publishing high-quality molecular and cellular neuroscience research, Neuronal Signaling spans a variety of neuroscientific disciplines, from signaling pathways involved in nervous system development through to neurodegeneration, synaptopathies, psychiatric disorders and other pathologies.
The journal is fully Open Access, publishing online-only, and will be supported by a world-renowned Editor-in-Chief and expert Editorial Board.
Journal coverage includes basic signaling interests (e.g. neurotransmitters, ions and ion channels, receptors and messenger molecules, and kinases/phosphatases), as well as electrical signaling, signaling in neural circuits, neuroimaging, signaling aspects of pathologies, synaptic transmission and plasticity, and therapeutic intervention. The Journal will support and further a number of areas of neuroscience, including (but not limited to):
- pain and analgesia
- cognition, learning, fear and memory
- stroke and cerebrovascular disease
- psychiatric disorders, mental illness and depression
- neuropharmacology and therapeutics
Open Access information
Neuronal Signaling is a full Open Access journal, and every article carries a Gold Open Access Article Publishing Charge (APC). All articles are published under a Creative Commons CC BY licence.
Article Publishing Charges are:
- £1250 (£875 discounted rate for Biochemical Society members and for authors who are from an institution that subscribes to a journal in the Portland Press portfolio)
- $2225 ($1555 discounted rate for Biochemical Society members and for authors who are from an institution that subscribes to a journal in the Portland Press portfolio)
Waivers for APCs are available for authors from some countries, see here.
Neuronal Signaling does not charge submission or page charges.